At Speedy Metals, we pride ourselves on our customer service, the quality of our products, and the fairness of our prices, not to mention on being Speedy! But don't just take our word for it:
- It was near impossible for me to find specific diameters and lengths of a very specific type of steel that I needed. After doing just a general google search, I found these guys and I was so happy to see that they had everything I needed! Using the website was easy, and my order arrived within 2 business days. There's no other company that I will be using in the future. Not to mention, the actual product I received was way nicer than I expected. It didn't have a bunch of oil and dirt falling out of the box/off the product and there was zero burrs on the ends of the rods. Very fine work, and extremely secure packaging. 10/10 would order from again!
- I am not a metal shop, I don't build cars for a living, just a regular guy maker / tinker / hobbyist who doesn't need a flatbed or even an entire sheet of metal for a couple few projects I have that need to get done. Thanks for the reasonable prices and the fact that I can order what I need without having to figure out how I am going to receive an oversized order or where I am going to store the extra material.
- Having tried quite a few suppliers, both local and online, it was obvious I should rely on Speedy Metals for my materials. No other supplier has consistently furnished accurately cut, bend and scratch free blanks (the 3 most important things in my application) Prices are actually better than from local suppliers and delivery time from order to my door is usually the best I have experienced.
- Whether I'm buying a lot or a little, I always get 'just-what-I-need'. Speedy carries so many odd sizes that other steel suppliers can only special order; whereas at Speedy, if I only want 4pc. @ 4ft - no problem - you'll have it in a day or so.
- I recently purchased some iron bar, the packaging 'Lenny' did was awesome. My iron arrived on time and protected from any banging damage! Every time I have used your service has been an excellent experience for me. Thank your folks who do the superb work for me!
- I will definitely recommend your firm to anyone I run into seeking a source for metals. My order was small and custom. Yet you folks had it on its way to me within just a few hours. Nothing says more to me than how a company responds to the smallest orders, especially custom cut orders. I wish you the very best this and every year and thank you for your terrific customer service.
- You guys are absolutely amazing! I order material the night of July 4th and it's here on July 6th. Now my RV trailer bumper rack will be a reality before I take off to Madeline Island this Saturday! Thank for your great service and value!
- My order was received today, between 1 –2 p.m. in perfect condition. We appreciated the excellent packaging and the prompt delivery time. Thank you for your outstanding customer service.
- I really appreciate your speedy ordering and shipping process for my order. Simply amazing service!
- WOW! I just placed this order a few hours ago! I guess that’s why you’re called Speedy Metals.
- This is just a short note of thanks and recognition. I’ve been buying stuff from you all now for a couple of years. My orders are always correct, packed well, arrive in good shape and usually, ahead of schedule.It’s not easy to run a business where exceeding the customer’s expectations are the norm rather than the exception.Congratulations on a very well-run operation.
- I only dabble in garden tractor restoration so I was looking for a 1 stop place to order smaller quantities of specific metal. Figured I'd give you guys a shot. I knew I would pay a little more due to shipping, but finding exactly what I need and not needing to buy the whole bar was the plus. What I didn't expect was the quality way it was shipped. I expected to see a banged up pair of barely wrapped tubes and some bent sheet steel. What I got "shocked me". The plate was sandwiched between 2 pieces of chipboard and then thoroughly wrapped with tape. The tubing and small plates were wrapped together tightly on each end, then wrapped in cardboard, and then wrapped again on the ends with extra padding. In my book, if you beat the "Samsonite Gorilla" known as UPS, you have gone the extra mile. You will be my go to guys in the future and I will recommend you to anyone that needs metal supplies. Thanks for providing outstanding service and quality. The price was well worth it.
- I never heard of Speedy Metals or of New Berlin, Wisconsin so I assume you're in the boonies. I'm in Leesburg, Indiana and that is certainly the boonies. Yesterday just before 5:00 I ordered material that I simply couldn't find locally. In fact, everywhere I went locally was greeted with a "HARRUMPH! GOOD LUCK FINDING THAT!" I searched the internet, found Speedy and placed the order. CRIPE! it was delivered a half hour ago! That's excellent customer focus. Boonie to boonie, door to door service in less than 24 hours on a product utterly unavailable locally. And it's here already. Thanks Speedy!
- I have been ordering from you folks for the past few months and with my last order (which) just arrived today. You live up to your name. My order was processed and shipped so quickly I had to read the email twice.
- I like that fact that I can buy smaller units of sheet metal from you which are easy to handle for the small projects. Packaging was great. I'm still using the packing to keep all my metal safe! All in all, I've had a great experience!
- Speedy Metals has always given me good raw material for a good price, and super fast shipping.
- Just wanted to drop a line to say thank you. It's the first time I have purchased material from you and it won't be the last. Your prices including shipping were less than what I could find locally and I was impressed that my order was here (TN) in 4 days.
- As a fact, I live around a 5 minute walk from a large metals supplier, and it is still better for me to buy metals (including delivery charges) from Speedy Metals in Wisconsin than from a local supplier - due to local state and city sales taxes and metal supplier cutting charges - plus a very limited variety of brass and bronze profiles.
- Just wanted to say thanks!Your service is impeccable and your prices are great too!Keep up the good work!!!!
- The ROCKFORD location of Speedy Metals is AWESOME. They have never failed to get the steel I need by time our truck is coming through the area ( usually down the street to the induction heat treat house). We are a CNC house that was devoted to powertrains for CAT, John Deere, etc. currently our steel needs are usually KAIZEN and therefore RUSH! related, BUT…
However my senior engineer has tasked me with two new branches of manufacturing and should we expand tool steels will be needed. I can tell you that Speedy Metals ROCKFORD will be my first choice and my only recommendation.
Nick has always understood our urgency and has always gotten the job done right! You have an excellent and devoted person in Nick. KUDOS!
- You guys take care of business and are very accommodating to us hobbyists and small shops. Thank you.
- Thank you so much for the precision and speed of your service. This is our second order from Speedy Metals and we continue to be very pleased with the service. You are terrific. Thanks.
Jan, Baltimore, MD
- I'm not one of your "big" customers but I do find that you are the source to go to when the local hardware store comes up with blank stares when you would ask for a weldable Aluminum to repair something. Your website is simple enough for even somebody like me to find my way around, everything I have ordered has arrived in less time than I could drive to Wisconsin, and I have never received material in other than perfect condition when it hit my front door.Keep up the good work, your number one in my book when it comes to price, selection, and delivery. In fact your prices with shipping, beat the local competition around here, 99% of the time.
- Just wanted to let you know that I just got my latest order and say thank you! I am a hobby-type machinist so my orders are relatively small, but I feel like I am treated like some major corporate account! Your selection and pricing is fantastic, but your shipping is unbelievably fast. Thank you again and keep up the great work.
- Thank you for 1) Having an easy to use website, 2) being so cheerful, 3) being so speedy!
- I'm just a hobby builder but if it were not for you I couldn't do the projects I do. I live in northern Wisconsin, and can't get materials easy up here but you have always made it easy for family and friends to stop and bring my orders up to me. Plus the people that you have working for you are awesome friendly and bend over backward to help every time.
- Just wanted to let you know that your web site was a pleasure to use, with ease and finding exactly what I was looking for.
- Just a quick note to say thank you! I am a hobbyist who needs the occasional metal I can't find locally, and your website was a great find for me. It was easy to find what I needed, and reasonably priced. I am really impressed with the product, packing, and turnaround on my order! I think it says a great deal about a company when they take this good care of their smallest customer. I'll be using you from now on, and telling my friends in the hobby world about this great resource.
- I just wanted to say that I'm glad there is such a place to make ordering "already cut" materials that is quick and easy. I just finished building my CNC machine, and just haven't had the $$$ to buy another band-saw yet, and wasting material, and tooling isn't smart; but it's very convenient to have pieces ready to be machined, and easy to choose. I saw the writing on your web page that no piece is too small. No kidding huh? Cool! Have a great day.
- Your web site is probably the best web site that I have ever visited for this type of online products as far as describing your products and being able choose to order online. It is very organized.I enjoy coming back and looking around for various pieces and dimensions.I enjoy the iformation about each type of metal.The selections and types of cuts are great.You put some thought and care in the design.You are doing an excellent job.I am really pleased.
Nikolaos, Jacksonville, FL
- Congratulations on your website. It is easy to use and provides all the information needed! Great Job!
- Just a "thumbs up" message. I just placed my first order with Speedy Metals and I wanted to tell you that I loved your web-page. It is by far the best web-page that I have ever used. Unlike most web-pages, I could easily find all the information that I was looking for such as material, shape, complete dimensions, prices, shipping costs, how to purchase, and more. I was able to order exactly what I wanted without using a single cuss word. Keep up the good work...I will be back.
- I am a new customer and I wanted to take the time to thank you for the truly outstanding web site. The ordering system is intuitive and a pleasure. This is very rare in internet retailing. I will be back to buy more from this business!
- Ordered product on 01/22/2013, received it on 01/23/2013, great job.I like the Website, it's easy to access and use, for browsing to see what is available, and to purchase. Nice place to do business with.
- Just wanted to let you know that your web site was a pleasure to use, with ease and finding exactly what I was looking for.Thank you
- I am a retired educator, I taught remote sensing and satellite image interpretation at the University of Nebraska. One of my duties was to write “lesson plans” for my own, and other instructor’s classes. I am also a novice machinist, having constructed a forge, purchased a mill and lathe, and happily alarm my neighbors pounding on various anvils with all sorts of homemade hammers making knives, straight razors, and muzzle loading rifle hardware.
This brings me to my first point. I have spent hours on your web page learning about steel and the other non-ferrous metals. The information there is written in plain language, it provides a start to finish methodology to transform the materials you sell into functional workable instruments. The entire informational content on the characteristics of the specific metals is straightforward, logically presented, and incrementally separated as to the processes used for the treatments needed to refine and “tune” the metals. Whoever created this searchable structure to implement the change from metallurgical information to “tool” knowledge need a great big raise.
Second, I have ordered numerous products from you. Never once has an order not contained exactly what I requested. Never once has a price been misrepresented, or not reflected in the order bottom line. Never once has something in the process of procuring your product has an order been delayed, substituted, or backordered. Competence is rare throughout the business world (or academia), kudos.
Lastly, let me tell you what a refreshing change it is to enjoy my retirement not spending many wasted hours trying to find the specific materials I require; searching junkyards, metal fabrication facilities, and speaking with people who more than likely do not know what they are selling to you, or worse, selling you something that is not to spec, not to mention something you paid an exorbitant price for.
I am becoming a minimally competent blacksmith; I am learning to become a functional machinist; and my knowledge of the tools and metallurgical properties is progressing. An indisputable fact is that everything you attempt to produce is no better than the place you start. With your company, and what you provide, the variables of my hobby are reduced - I start in the right place, I waste no time. Thank you Speedy Metals, and God Bless.